Yes another variation. (Others at Imagik and No Polar).
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
- I am GRATEFUL for the snow (as long as we all stay safe) because I am happy to get exercise shoveling snow. I feel as if I am being useful and "killing two birds with one stone." Or maybe I should say instead, feeding two birds with one seed? I'm accomplishing two things at once, anyway, which is good. :-)
- I have been and am SAVORING the beauty of the new-fallen snow. I like the snow on the fine branches of the dogwood and on the spruce. I've been enjoying it immensely, looking, savoring, taking pictures. Imagining art pieces, appreciating nature's art.
- I am grateful that I lost weight once more. YAY! :-D 3.2 pounds down today from my last weigh-in.
- I am grateful that I had time to work on an art piece today
- I am grateful that I got my exercise by walking to and from Dr. Beeai's. Two accomplishments at once.
- I am very grateful that I did not get sick coming or going or while I was there (At Dr. Beeai's).
- I am grateful that I got a poem revised. YAY! :-D
- I am grateful that Keith read to me. YAY! :-D
In four days since my last weigh-in, I lost 3.2 pounds, in SPITE of going to a party on Sunday and significantly overeating. Or, maybe because of it. I got very sick and was sick Sunday night, all day yesterday, and am still sick. I didn't eat much yesterday and lost a lot of what I had eaten. But there is a silver lining to certain clouds. Instead of gaining weight, which I probably would have, I lost weight, which is good news. :-D
Things I am NOT grateful for:
I just spilled my paint water, more than a quart of water with water colors in it, down through my ribbons and wrapping papers and all through my poems and stories done on an inkjet printer and onto a cream-colored rug--and now I have a HUGE mess to clean up.
I AM grateful it's not worse than it is, however. I could have been MUCH worse. But still. It would have been better had it not happened at all!
I am still sick. WAHN!
Friday, February 22, 2008
Stebbins Taitt. I started out to make a picture for this blog. I
made one and decided it was too "good" for this blog and posted it to
Imagik. So I made another this blog, but then I posted it to No Polar
COordinates. Finally I made one for Unbearable Darkness.
My three good things:
I also made a painting with paper and water color and pastels and if
Biker Buddy doesn't want it for his personal collection and my
daughters don't want it, I will donate it to Turtle Ink Press. YAY!
The new paper painting is a variation on one I made for Leaf Lady for
her birthday, which is tomorrow.
And this is a variation on the other two. I never seem to be able to
leave "well enough" alone. I always wonder, what would happen if . .
As always, click the image to see it larger. This one is quite similar to the No Polar one, just redder. And of course, I did fool with it, but you probably can't tell (I can, because I spent a lot of time on it, but whether that time was worth it is another thing altogether! LOL!)
Thursday, February 21, 2008
We were having fun taking pictures of the moon--I was really happy. But Keith fell on the ice and injured himself and is in bed now with 3 tylenols and in pain. (Click image to view larger.)
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
I'm weighing twice a week now, and this morning was my weigh-in and I had GAINED 1.1 pounds.
I am not surprised, but sad.
We went out to dinner the other night and I totally broke my diet at dinner and then we went to a friend's house and I ended up having pie even though I told them at least 6 times that I didn't want any.
To further complicate things, I've added raisins to my diet 3 times a day. I need to eat them, because nothing else seems to work, but they add extra sugar and make me feel hungry. :-(
I am going to have to make some adjustments, somehow. (Don't eat out, don't go to anyone's house, shrink portion sizes smaller.)
Sunday, February 03, 2008
I have been on my diet a month today. I have lost 23 pounds, or an average of just under 6 pounds a week. (This is assuming that the new scale is relatively synchronized with the old one which died over a week ago.) I do not look much if any different and my clothes are not significantly looser.
I am happy with this rate of loss and will be happy as well with an even slower one, if I just continue to lose and not gain.