|Me, trying on hats at Greenfield Village|
I am walking 45 minutes a day or more, doing sit-ups, other exercises and yoga stretching.
I am SLEEPING BETTER, a major factor in fibromyalgia, although still not perfectly.
What I think has made the difference is my diet:
- sugar, in all forms, but particularly added sweeteners. I do not eat much fruit. (I do eat some, but not every day, and very small portions.) I do eat vegetables that include fruits, such as red peppers, but again, in limited quantities. I also avoid, whenever humanly possible, artificial sweeteners.
- refined grains (no white flour or white rice)
- nuts. (I'm not sure about nut, but every time I test them, I have an insomniac night. I hate testing, because of the often negative results.)
- desserts--no dessert of ANY KIND
- potatoes (and other high-glycemic foods)
- snack foods (potato chips, corn chips, etc) (This is really a repetition, the reason I avoid them is because they have high-glycemic foods and refined grains)
- vegetables (except legumes)
- fish, poultry, meat, shellfish
- whole grains (with NO added white flour or grains)
- occasional small portions of fruit
And I exercise daily, which helps with sleeping, and which is made easier by my improved fibromyalgia, that is, my lessened pain.
A side-benny from my fibro diet is that I have lost weight.
However, I have a recurrence of a very painful medical condition, a fissure. I am writing about it in its own blog, FISSURE.