Saturday, November 07, 2009

FREE Samples

I've been so sick these past few days with a fibro flare-up, much sicker than normal, and feeling really terrible.  I am of the opinion that there is a cause for everything if we only knew what it was, so I try to connect flare-ups to events in hopes of avoiding repeat performances.  I was wracking my brain trying to connect this one to soemthing.  Could it be crying--I had several events t cry about, a death of a friend, a difficult confrontation, etc.  Or, could it be not crying--I wanted to cry--badly, the crying wanted to come out, but I was in a situation where I was embarrassed to be crying.  Stress can exacerbate fibro, and I've been somewhat stressed--but not a whole lot more than usual--I always feel somewhat stressed.  And reviewing my food intake, I was thinking that I'd been eating SAFE FOODS only.  Then it hit me.  I was grazing.  Grazing on free samples.  I'd gone to the Village Market just before dinner and there was a plethora of free samples laid out--sausages (5 kinds), bologna (5 kinds), chips, crackers and dips, etc etc, and as I went around, I took a small sample of each--the samples were SMALL, but there were a lot of them.  I don't know this for sure, but I am suspecting the free samples.  The unknown food. Bologna sometimes has milk it it--even sausage sometimes does.  Bologna can have soy in it too.  Luckily, so far today, I feel at least a little better.  Yesterday I felt horrid.

4 comments:

BerryBird said...

That does seem likely. Perhaps you are sensitive to nitrates? I bet the sausage and bologna samples were full of them.

Shadowplay said...

Mary, so sorry to hear about your flare up of fibro... Wishing you a speedy recovery and energy to discover the trigger (if that's even possible). I know I feel a lot better when I just have a small handle on why things happen...

And sometimes, "why" is not answered, so I simply surrender and start over...

April Belle

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much Berrybird and Shadowplay. Hey, Shadow, I've been doing some shadowwork.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

hmmm, nitrates, could be.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin