Friday, February 17, 2006

Another bad night!

I have been having a string of bad nights and last night was the worst so far of this string. I had wings last night and I wonder if there was soy in the fat used to cook them, or in the hot sauce applied to them--or, if I am allergic to something else I ate, unknowingly. I HATE insomnia, and whenever I have insomnia, my fibromyalgia is worse, which in fact, it is. OW!

When my fibromyalgia is bad, sometime the pain in my hips is very severe and I feel as if they will collapse while walking or climbing stairs and that I will fall and injure or even kill myself. The actually "give out" and I have to catch myself. Scary!

I'd like to write more about it, but I don't have time right now. WAHN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have had fibromyalgia for two years now. It came on suddenly, and has never left. No rhyme or reason that we can determine. My doctor tried so many drugs on me. I didn't like any of it. I don't like the spaced out, disconnected feeling drugs give me for days afterwards. I have tried many things my doctor doesn't think will work.
After a lot of trial and error this is what I discovered works for me.
1. DHEA (25 mg twice a day)
2. Melatonin and tryptophan at night.
3. Walking every day.
4. Ibuprofen 2 times a day (more on bad days)
I also have refused to let it beat me. I push through the pain and go ahead with life anyway. Some days are better than others. DHEA has eliminated much of the fatique that comes with fibromyalgia. That has probably been the most significant find. Actually my Rhuematologist suggested as there has been some positive results for Lupus.
Good Luck with everything. Thanks for writing.
Regards
Katya from California

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I walk every day, though sometimes, it's hard when I'm in a lot of pain. I tried various meds and went off all of them. I, to try to "push through the pain," but sometimes, I'm just so exhausted. I have not tired DHEA but will look ino it. Thanks, Mary

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin