Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Ubiquiousness of Soy

Soy makes me sick.  It exacerbates my fibromylagia.  It makes me hurt--all over.

Every day, I discover soy.  I discover it by getting sick.  I haven't read the ingredients close enough.  I made assumptions, and we all know what that means!

Canned tuna.  It never occurred to me to looked.  Caned tuna--tuna and water, right?  Wrong.  Tuna water and soy.  SICK.  Pain!

Chicken broth.  I thought, well, there would chicken broth in the can--like I make, with chicken water and salt.  Nope.  It has soy.  Sick.  PAIN!

Margarine.  It all has soy now.  I'm allergic ("sensitive") to both soy and dairy.  Can you find a margarine anywhere with neither soy nor dairy?  Nope.

Crackers.  Chips.  Soy!  Pain. 

Always pain, and more pain.  I could go on.  Last night, Graham tried to find me something in the house I could eat, a snack of some kind.  He made hundreds of suggestions.  They ALL had soy.  Keith made me spahetti.  The sauce had soy in it.  SICK.  Pain.  Hurt.  OW!  WAHN!

--
I am certain of nothing but the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination- John Keats
Mary

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin