Sunday, January 04, 2009

Good News and Bad Regarding my Weight

Good News and Bad Regarding my Weight

It's the new year and time to try again to lose weight. The good news is that I weight 24 pounds LESS than I weighed a year ago. Yeah, I know, I don't look a bit different and I still look fat, but I do weigh less and my clothes are a little looser and more comfortable. The further good news is that I only gained about 8 pounds over the holidays from Thanksgiving through New Year's, which will be easier to lose again, I hope, than the 25 or so I gained last year over the holidays. The bad news is that I am about 20 pounds heavier than I was at my lowest during the summer, and I am sick with all the usual problems I get when I travel. I have a sore throat, probably from eating dairy products inadvertently. I have pain in my feet and joints etc., the usual, somewhat exacerbated by bad food. The good news is that it is not as bad as it often is after I travel. Worse than normal, but less worse. I attempted to be extremely careful.

I am starting a diet, gradually at first, but then escalating, I hope. I can never predict the course of these things, but I intend to keep trying. Health first, weight loss second. Exercise.

I will report back. I hope. Sometimes, I get so busy I just cannot keep track of things or blog.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to You. :-D May 2009 be the best year yet for you personally and for the country and world.

We got back from a trip to New York last night and Piano Boy immediately left. He was told to come home at 8:30, but he never came home or called. I hope nothing happens to him. It's like the boy who cried wolf. If he's ever in real trouble, we won't be appropriately worried because he is so irresponsible. We won't be looking for him or calling the cops because it's become a habit for him to disobey.

We're having freezing rain. Thank God we didn't have it yesterday when we were traveling. Fear of bad weather and oncoming freezing rain turned out to be a source of a problem yesterday that caused pain, distress and shame. WAHN!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin