Monday, January 05, 2009

Morning report, 1-5-08

I gained 1.4 pounds! However, I forgot to mention yesterday, I think, because I didn't post my cogitations on the subject, that I am not "officially" starting my diet until a week from today--Monday January 11th, as I have Christmas and other items I have to use up first. Yesterday I finished my dates and my raspberry beer. I wish somehow these items could be either eliminated or somehow confined to the OLD year, so I could start dieting right away at the beginning of the new year after the holidays. I also ate 3 cookies left from the Christmas cookies I'd made for myself to help keep me out of the other Christmas treats. They were whole wheat barley cookies. And then I ate one of the ones with raisins and nuts I'd made for others. When I picked it up, I thought it was one of mine, but when I discovered it wasn't, I ate it anyway. That was no one's fault but mine. But I will eat no more of those and from this point forward as long as I can manage to stay on the diet, no beer or alcohol. No white sugar or flour. But I still have figs to eat. I want to get them eaten before next Monday. They are maybe half gone. They are very tasty yummy figs. I love them. They are also high in sugar content. This is the transition week, cutting back gradually. To make it easier to make the transition to dieting after the holidays. Tonight is Coney night. I do not want to go to the Coney and I hopefully will not be going again for a long time, as long as I can manage to stay on my diet. The boys will go without me. I will not be making more cookies and I hope to avoid social occasions that involve eating as much as possible until I am firmly established in my diet. The one exception is that we haven't seen S & J for a long time and if we have the opportunity to visit with them, I want to be able to do that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin