Monday, July 17, 2006

Heat Advisory and Photo Deadline

The National Weather Service has issued a heat advisory for today from noon to 8 PM with temperatures in the mid nineties. 

 

Today is the deadline for the State Fair photo entry—not for the photos themselves, but for the money and paperwork.  What I need to do is:  choose which pictures to enter, fill out the forms and submit the money.  If I mail them, I have to set up the printer and print them.  Then fill them out and drive them to the post office before 4:30.  Otherwise, I have to do it on-line and figure out the money end of it, and the only computer I have has a screen the size of the palm of my hand with type I need a microscope to view.  And while I do want to do it, it will take time away from working on the house.

 

Choosing the pictures I will want to enter will be difficult—a year's worth of pictures to choose from.  But I probably only should choose ones that are available as full files on Tiny Toby in case I don't get back to Detroit before the picture deadline.  All very confusing with the driving back and forth.  And the fact that I am running out of meds.

 

Choosing pictures must be the first task, and perhaps I can do that be looking at my gallery at BP and studying IMAGIK.

 

Yes, it will take time away from working on the house, as did our retreat and as does every visit to my mother at Loretto and walking and doing my fibro exercises and preparing meals and washing dishes and doing laundry.  It's upsetting that it comes now, at this increasingly crucial time.  I have a recertification coming up and ideally, I'd like to pass the torch of the house before that, but I don't see that happening, so then, I will have to waste a lot of time doing the recertification papers rather than sorting, cleaning and packing.

 

Okay then, enough worrying, time to get to work.



--
I am certain of nothing but the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination- John Keats
Mary

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin