Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Insomnia Again!

I had insomnia again last night.  It was accompanied by restlessness (restless mind and body), tossing, overheatedness, itchy-crawly skin, tension and tightness of muscles.  I was tired but not sleepy, I wanted to sleep, but couldn't.  I was not the worst insomnia.  Maybe a 7.5.  I never got up in the night, and I did sleep some, but I was restless, agitated, overly hot, itchy and crawly and uncomfortable.

This is what I ate yesterday:  oatmeal, bran, raisins, rice milk, cheerios, fresh wild-caught tuna, lemon, white wine, ginger (quite a bit of it), yellow squash, broccoli, shiitake mushrooms, portabella mushrooms, salt, pepper, whole wheat pastry flour, canola oil, olive oil, garlic and parsley.  Most of those items are foods I've eaten without difficulty.  I have suspected ginger before.  I've also suspected cheerios, but there is nothing listed in the ingredients that should cause a problem.  Another possibility is the wine.  Or what?  I also was not upset any more than usual.  I did walk later than usual.  And faster than usual.  But what?  What's the difference?  Why do I sleep better some nights and worse others?  None of the possible causes seem to be consistent.  :-(

I wish I could just sleep.  Not getting enough sleep deprives me of the energy I need to do things and worsens the fibromyalgia!

Suspects:  ginger, cheerios, wine, late walk.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin