Sunday, May 07, 2006

Watching the sunrise

After a number of nights when I was up until 3:30 and 3 and 2:30 and 1 etc because couldn't sleep, I went to bed last night at 11 and and it didn't take me too too long to fall asleep. But then I was awake for a while at 3 and awake longer at four, after dozing, and at 5 I was awake and could get back to sleep so I got up and have been watching the sunrise. I love the progression of pinks and oranges, the gradual change of the light to yellow. I like being up early, I prefer it, in some ways. But I do wish I could SLEEP. I keep reading about how lack of sleep makes you stupid in both long and short term (how it can cause permanent brain damage), and how lack of sleep makes you fat. I want to sleep. I wish I could. Meanwhile, I'm watching the long shadows of morning grow gradually shorter.
--
I am certain of nothing but the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination- John Keats
Mary

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin