Monday, January 08, 2007

Wolcott Mill and Rezerem

Yesterday, Keith told me I had to decide where to go for our walk. I thought that was a bit bratty of him--I'd prefer to decide together. I did some quick internet research and located some information on Wolcott Mill Metropark, where I'd never been. Turned out he hadn't either. Well, we loved the place, but we didn't get a walk because what we got instead was a tour. Which was nice. But they close at 5 so then we had to leave without a walk and walk the old neighborhood loop we always walk. BO-ring.

I've had three more nights of Rezerem, and so far, I'm not inpressed.

Night 2 I fell asleep right away, which is what it's supposed to do, but then was awake from three to four and from 5 to 6 and about a hundred times between and Keith and I took a nap together in the afternoon--unheard of! But without the CPAP, so it didn't do much good.

Night 3 was a repetition of night 2. Night 4 was worse yet--I didn't even fall asleep. It was a regular insomniac night. I was awake a lot. I spent a long long long time falling asleep and then woke up a zillion times.

See this image in sepia.
See this image in blues.Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

BerryBird said...

Is the Rezerem supposed to work right away? I only ask because you have to take some meds for a while before seeing any benefit. And it sure doesn't sound like it's helping yet.

I've never taken any sleep meds and have never heard of Rezerem. I must admit to being partial to Lunestra because of the Luna moth they use for a symbol. [Great reason, I know!] They do a promotion where you can try seven days worth free with a coupon, but of course, you still need doc to write the script. And it is approved for long-term use, unlike Ambien. It might be worth a shot, if you give up on the Rezerem. Doc would prolly call it in without another visit.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

There is nothing in the literature and the doctor did not mention any kind of wait time before it begins to work. But I am going to keep on taking it for a while (2 weeks) unless I am getting adverse reactions.

They had those Lunestra coupons at the doc's office, but he did not mention that as a possibility and I did not ask. I have to see him on the 17th. I think it's the 17th. To evaluate the Rezerem.

Ambien CR works better but makes me dopey the next day. Plus it has been known to cause sleep-walking, sleep driving, and addiction.

What I would REALLY LIKE is to find out what is causing the problem and deal with that, eg a food allergy or whatever.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin