Friday, October 14, 2005

Love Never Fails

In the Bible, I Corinthians 13, it says, "Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes,a lways perserveres.  Love never fails.  . . . The greatest of these is love."
 
I feel sad when I read this becasue I certainly fall short of "the glory of God" in my ability to love--I am way too human!  It is unfortunate!  I want love that never fails. love that never keeps a record of wrongs.  Love that is not easily angered.  I want perfection, but am so imperfect.

--
I am certain of nothing but the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination- John Keats
Mary

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin