Friday, October 14, 2005

Unconditional LOVE

 I am reading a book on unconditional love and am happy to see that it's author,Joey O'Connor, says the following, and I quote:
 
"A dysfunctional understanding of unconditional love is that it is possessive, needy, clingy, controlling or all-giving.  True unconditional love has limits, borders and boundaries.  In regard to certain behaviors and choices, unconditional love sets limits and so should we.  Unconditional love does not allow an abuser to keep abusing, a control freak to keep controlling, and an enabler to keep enabling.  True unconditional love can and must say, 'stop it or else.'  It can also say, 'wait, not now, we'll see.'  Unconditional love is not a sentimental journey into wishful thinking.  It is not living in the tunnel vision of the tunnel of love.  It enables us to keep our hearts and minds wide open to new possibilities, options, choices and discoveries.
 
Unconditional love requires work."
 
I haven't read the whole book yet, so I don't know what else he says.  I want that we should work and play at love.  And keep it.
 

--
I am certain of nothing but the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination- John Keats
Mary


--
I am certain of nothing but the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination- John Keats
Mary

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin