Sunday, October 09, 2005

Rain

It's raining. It rained all day yesterday. I'm visiting near Portland Maine. We tried to put a good face on it and went out to the Old Port to visit the Fish Market and the Wharves. We got soaked. Then we went to Fort Williams and the Portland Headlight and Two lights. It was pouring and very windy and the wind went sideways and we got soaked and cold.

We gave up and went home. Built a fire in the woodstove, drank hot tea. I was still cold and damp when I went to bed.

It's still raining. It's supposed to rain all day today and tomorrow--and straight through to Wednesday. Then I'm going home. I have to admit, the rain is dampening my spirits a little. It makes the kind of vacation activities I like to do--walking, exploring, taking pictures--very difficult. I'm tempted to buy a rainsuit.

* * *

When I complain about problems with my vacation, sad because I can't play, I start feeling guilty thinking of the people who died in the Tsunami and the hurrican victims in NEw Orleans and vicinity. My problems seem pretty mild in comparison. Still, I am supposed to walk 45 minutes a day, a difficult prospect in all this rain. (I took pictures--hope to post some when I get home). More.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin